I just love this time of year to make my family’s homemade Pico de Gallo:
My husband gets request for this all the time. Every time there is a family get together they beg for it.
And this time of year is the best because I use the fresh Tomatoes and Peppers from the garden.
It has the best taste with the fresh Tomatoes!!!!
We use it mostly as a appetizer dip but I also love to layer it over my chicken for a healthy dinner.
- 10 fresh tomatoes. (Roma are good for this as well)
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers (seed out if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 large chopped Avocado
- 1 Lime – squeeze out at least half to your taste liking
- salt and pepper to taste ( I use a lot of pepper-1 heaping tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
This is a perfect addition to any meal, potluck, BBQ, or special event.
Hope you like it!!
I just love this time of the year with all the potlucks and party’s! My boys just love it when I make homemade BBQ sauce.
We used it on yummy slow cooked ribs. Meat just fell off the bones.
And making homemade sauce is healthier, without all those preservatives.
I like to make a big batch and freeze some for any occasion, really saves a lot of time!
- 1 can Cola
- 3 small cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Steak Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 – 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (depending on how your tastes are)
- 1/2 Cup molasses
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh onion (Or onion powder. Fresh gives better flavor.)
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard. (I just use the liquid Mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
Just bring all the ingredients together in saucepan. Let it come to a boil and then lower it.
Let it simmer for about an hour, Stirring frequently.
The longer it simmers the better all the flavors come together.
It was a great hit for our family get together.
Next time I will use the sauce on BBQ chicken legs.
Hope you like it!!
Please leave any of your homemade sauce recipes I would love to try them out!
- Getting together with friends has never been so much fun!
We love getting together and sharing recipes.
- My favorite is a strawberry Margarita. I love just about any margarita, such a versatile recipe.
- 1/3 cup Tequila
- 1/8 Cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- Frozen Strawberry’s
Blend all together with some ice. Delish. You can rub the rim of glass with lime juice and dip in either salt or sugar.
I am loving this Paleo life style, and weight is looking great. It has been a couple of weeks and I have lost some weight. I started our this awesome diet with 250 pounds, and weighed this morning and I am at 243.6!!!!!!
Wow that is awesome, really keeps you motivated! So searching for delicious ideas for dinner to keep my family and me all on the Healthy track. This recipe has my mouth watering. Mmmmmm
Lemon Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
This is a quick and easy dinner idea. Get the recipe:
I will serve this over Cauliflower Rice:
I have tried these a few times and they are very good!!! Find the recipe here:
I will let you know the reviews from the Family!!!
So my kids have been doing a few things to keep busy this summer, trying to earn a little cash. It keeps them busy and not playing games all day long. Plus they are having fun doing it. They really enjoy having some extra cash to go to movies with and they say its nice to try to save a little money too!!
- Recycling cans and various metals. This is a great way for earning a little bit of money too. Just ask your area Metal Recycling business for current prices. My kids will save cans for a whole year and bring in 15-20 bags at a time. They can get sometimes $80 bucks but it has been as low as $40. You will want to call in for prices a lot to see when the best opportunity comes along.
- Reselling some older games and clothes. on Ebay, yard sales or even pawn shops. This is a great way to make some money on a lot or older games and things they are not using! There are a lot of Game shops around that will also buy older games back. Depending on how which system the game was used for. We took our gaming system and old games in last year around Christmas and made $225 towards a newer System. We only had to come up with a little over a $100 more. Very nice!! Saved us money for other Christmas presents!!
- Worm Catching. Now this is a real cash profit, they have tons of ways to catch worms and just take them into local business like a worm factory. They go for around $4 per pound in our area. I am sure the price varies a lot, but that is not bad at all. Some people make around $80 per day. Wow that great incentive for my little guys!! You can just go out to your yard and pour a bucket of soapy water and pour on the ground, those worms come right up to the surface. There are a lot of methods on Youtube on what works and what doesn’t for Worm Catching.
I am still scouring the other different ways to keep them busy, I will let you know what I find. Would love to hear your ideas!
Wow can not believe how close July 4th is. Since we are unsure of our plans since it is a shorter weekend, I decided to look for some great ideas in case we decide to stay home and have a BBQ. I found this awesome recipe on food network. Looks so refreshing on these hot hot hot Summer days:
That is a great recipe!!
Wow don’t these look great. I just know my boys would love to help me make these. This is super easy to make too!! After a busy work week it will be nice to have some easy fun recipes!! Thanks fannetasticfood!!!
Now this one will be looking great as the Centerpiece of my table!! Another easy and fast dish from:
Now even though these awesome ideas are not wholly Paleo I couldn’t resist the creativity and how these dishes will look so perfect for our 4th of July feast!! Add these to our mouth watering ribs and bowls of fresh fruit like our favorite Watermelon and Cantaloup, and I think we have a perfect feast. Oh and don’t forget the Corn on the Cobb, that is what I love about this time of year!!!
What great recipes ideas have you come up with? I would love to hear some great ideas!!
Wow this weekend is in the triple digits here on the west, so I am having the kids help me make some frozen treats. These are my top picks from my boys. Not sure how paleo this is but this will definitely keep them cool. I laugh at this first one, of course this is a kids favorite pic:
And I love how easy this one is!!!! Thanks popsugar.com for the great idea!! Find this recipe at:
My husbands pick is full of chocolate and topped with chopped nuts yummmm
I love the cheap cups you can just rip off what a great idea!! Get this great idea at:
And my healthy idea is looks so soft, creamy and melt in your mouth good!
I got the recipe and picture off a wonderful site:
Keep cool everyone and let me know if you find any more recipes to try!!